The Counselling Service is open for Face to Face and Phone sessions
The Counselling Service is a professional, confidential service, which is available to all registered students of the University and is provided free of charge. The Service offers one-to-one counselling and support on a wide range of psychological and mental health issues, as well as academic, family and social concerns, any of which may impact on your personal health and well-being or academic performance.
We are here to support you. If you are experiencing any difficulties, please link in with us. It can be helpful to talk with someone in a confidential way about your worries and concerns.
The Counselling Service is offering both face to face sessions and phone consultations this semester. Please feel free to indicate what would suit you best.
All sessions with the Service are by appointment only for the foreseeable future. There is no facility to drop into the Service without an appointment. Please contact Reception for assistance.
How to contact us
A phone call or a Call-back request will link you in with the Service straight away.
If you would like to make an appointment please call us on 01-708 3354 during office hours; 09.00-13.00 and 14.00-17.00 Monday to Friday.
You can confirm/cancel your appointment here
While you are waiting for an appointment please feel free to ....
- Attend any of our upcoming workshops - check out our Workshop page here
- Download any of our Self-Help Resources - check out our Resources page here
- Read any of our Blog topics - check out our Blog here
- If you need support outside of our office hours please contact the 24hr Crisis Text Line - just text MU to 50808 for free anonymous text support with a trained volunteer.
- Please read our Safety Protocol on accessing the Counselling Service
- Please read our Phone Protocol Protocol here
The Counselling Service