- Providing you with "one to one" advice and guidance on managing your money and helping you with budgeting for University.
- This includes helping you to draw up a budget based on your personal circumstances.
- Guidance on managing your money and working with you on your options with regard to your income and University expenses.
- The Student Budgeting Advice Service provides a service with an ethos of respect and confidentiality.
- All consultations are treated in confidence and you will not be judged for your personal choices. It is all about moving forward in a stronger financial position.
- If a student is seeking financial assistance through any of the designated funds available within the University, data provided by the student will be shared between the Student Budgeting Advice Service and relevant administrative University Offices, for the purpose of processing that funding application.
- Come in and see if the Student Budgeting Advice Service can help you.
- Call to a Drop in Clinic on Monday and Wednesday during term time from 10:30 - 12:30 or Book and Appointment.
We can talk about your contact with SUSI:
- Could you be eligible for SUSI - Eligibility Reckoner?
- How to apply and questions about the application process.
- How to reapply for SUSI - Renewal.
- How to understand your grant award.
- How to appeal your award if you are not satified that the award is correct or you may not have provided all the correct information.
- How to decide if a change in your situation is relevant to your SUSI grant.
- How to advise SUSI of a Change in Circumstances - where your situation has changed since you applied.
- Any other SUSI related questions!
Information on your Social Welfare entitlements, such as:
- Eligibility for the Back to Education Allowance or the Disability Allowance
- Advice on your options with Social Welfare payment and SUSI.
- Advice on the impact of a Social Welfare payment as part of the family income for college supports.
Advice on the other external and internal financial supports available.
Keep in mind that all students can apply for an emergency loan if something sudden and unexpected happens. What does this mean for you? An example could be you leave your wallet on the bus. How do you get home or feed yourself for the day? If you have no other options you can apply to the Student Services Support Hub any week day at 2:30pm and apply for up to €50 in cash on the day. It is a loan and you do need to repay it but this means that you have the option agian and that other students can apply on thier bad days.
What if your emergency is bigger and has more impact on your finances? The Student Budgeting Advisor is the person to advise you. Contact email@example.com for advice or an emergency appointment.
You can always call in to the Drop in Clinic on Monday and Wednesday from 10:30 to 12:30 with any questions - the big scary ones or the little ones you think might be bit silly - there is no such thing as a stupid question to the Student Budgeting Advisor!
The Student Budgeting Advisor can connect you with other Maynooth University Student Support Services, such as:
- Fees & Grants Office so you can work out the best way to deal with any outstanding fees.
- Student Health Centre if you need medical advice or support.
- Chaplaincy for support with a focus on your wellbeing.
- Counselling if you feel that you would benefit from talking to a cousellor about issues that are worrying you.
- Accommodation if you are on campus or off campus issues can arise and supports are available.
- Maynooth Students Union for peer to peer supports to cope with collge.
- Any many more options!
Also with external agencies such as:
Delivering workshops about budgeting for students, where information and practical advice will be available to you. Events will be advertised on our on this website and through other University channels.
There is a Budgeting stand at all open days
The Budgeting Advisor will be available to meet during Orientation
The Student Budgeting Advice Service also offers a DROP-IN CLINIC to deal with quick queries on a first-come-first-served basis every Monday and Wednesday morning from 10:30am– 12:30pm during term time.
Follow the signage and the yellow feet in the Student Services Building, North Campus.