Please refer to this page for more information: https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/coronavirus
Dear Student, please review the following to help you with your concerns about your Academic Supports.
What are my disability supports?
The name of your Disability Advisor is listed in the Disability Supports Section on Student Web. You can email your advisor directly with any queries that you have about disability supports or use the MAP Advisor's appointment booking interface to book a one to one Microsoft Teams appointment: Bridget Gormley, Aoife Mulrooney, Keeva Kavanagh, Nicole Rock, Michelle Nevin.
How will my disability examination accommodations apply to the alternative remote assessments and examinations?
Please review these Frequently Asked Questions on examinations for students registered with the Disability Office.
How can I register with the Disability Office?
Please review the Maynooth University Disability Registration process.
What supports are available from the Disability Office?
For more information on the Disability Office and the supports available, you can access the Supporting Students with Disabilities web pages.
How do I contact my MAP Advisor?
Entrance exams for subjects are currently on hold. Please refer to updates on each department website for individual course updates.
Can I still apply to the Student Assistance Fund?
Yes, you can continue to apply to the Student Assistance Fund and you can get financial advice and support through Maynooth University Student Budgeting Advisor.
Maynooth University Access Programme
The Maynooth University Access Programme (MAP) encourages under-represented groups to enter third level and provides these groups with support through their time at Maynooth. These groups include under-represented school leavers, mature students, students with disabilities and members of the Irish Traveller community.
MAP is founded on 4 pillars; outreach into the community, promoting pathways into University, easing the transition for incoming students to Maynooth and supporting our current students. MAP's supports are personal, academic and financial in nature and are designed to promote confidence and independence.
Maynooth University is a national leader in both attracting and retaining school leavers from socio-economic disadvantaged backgrounds, mature students and students with disabilities. From a national perspective, MAP has taken a leadership role in developing national policy in the area of widening participation. From an institutional perspective, MAP has developed a number of models of academic support that support transition to higher education of under-represented groups and are acknowledged as innovative models of outstanding good practice.
- 28% of the full-time undergraduate student population are mature students, students with disabilities and school leavers from socio-economic disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Maynooth University has the highest rate of mature student entrants in the university sector. Over 14% of entrants to Maynooth University are mature students compared to a national average of 10%.
- Maynooth University has one of the highest participation rates of students with disabilities in the university sector. The rate has increased from 3.7% in 2008/09 to over 6% in the current academic year.
- The number of students entering Maynooth University through the HEAR programme has increased by 250% in the last 5 years.
Clár Rochtana Ollscoil Mhá Nuad
Tugann Clár Rochtana Ollscoil Mhá Nuad spreagadh do ghrúpaí atá faoi ghannionadaíocht ag an tríú leibhéal a bheith rannpháirteach san ardoideachas. Cuireann an clár tacaíocht ar fáil do na grúpaí seo agus iad ag freastal ar Ollscoil Mhá Nuad; lucht fágála scoile atá faoi ghannionadaíocht, mic léinn aibí, mic léinn atá faoi mhíchumas, baill den lucht siúil agus dídeanaithe san áireamh. Cuirtear tacaíocht phearsanta, acadúil agus airgeadais ar fáil chun muinín agus neamhspleáchas a chur chun cinn.
Tá Ollscoil Mhá Nuad ar thús cadhnaíochta in Éirinn i dtaca leis na grúpaí seo a leanas a mhealladh agus a choinneáil: lucht fágála scoile atá faoi mhíbhuntáiste socheacnamaíoch, mic léinn aibí agus mic léinn atá faoi mhíchumas. Ó thaobh dearcadh náisiúnta de, tá ról ceannaireachta glactha ag Clár Rochtana Ollscoil Mhá Nuad i dtaca le beartas náisiúnta a fhorbairt i réimse na rannpháirtíochta leithne. Ó thaobh dearcadh institiúideach de, tá roinnt múnlaí tacaíochta acadúla forbartha ag Clár Rochtana Ollscoil Mhá Nuad a chuireann tacaíocht ar fáil do ghrúpaí faoi ghannionadaíocht agus iad ag dul i dtaithí ar an ardoideachas, agus aithnítear gur múnlaí nuálacha iad sin ina gcuirtear an dea-chleachtas is fearr i bhfeidhm.
Éachtaí Chlár Rochtana Ollscoil Mhá Nuad
- Is mic léinn aibí, mic léinn faoi mhíchumas agus lucht fágála scoile atá faoi mhíbhuntáiste socheacnamaíoch iad 28% de phobal lánaimseartha fochéime na hollscoile.
- Tá an ráta is airde ag Ollscoil de Mhá Nuad de mhic léinn aibí san earnáil ollscoile. Is mic léinn aibí iad 14% d’iontrálaithe chuig Ollscoil Mhá Nuad, agus is é 10% an meán náisiúnta.
- Tá ceann de na rátaí rannpháirtíochta is airde san earnáil ollscoile ag Ollscoil Mhá Nuad i dtaca le mic léinn faoi mhíchumas. Tháinig ardú ar an ráta sin ó 3.7% in 2008/09 go breis is 6% sa bhliain acadúil reatha.
- Le cúig bliana anuas, tá méadú 250% tagtha ar líon na mac léinn atá ag teacht go hOllscoil Mhá Nuad tríd an gclár HEAR.