Maynooth University welcomes mature applicants and encourages their pursuit of study at the University. It greatly values the particular contribution of mature students to the academic and social environment of the University. Up to 300 new mature students begin their studies here each year.
We appreciate that many people might have left school early or may not have achieved their full potential in education in the past due to financial, social or family pressures. Other people may find they want to follow a different career path or may feel they need to complete a course at degree level in order to progress in their career. And some people may want to pursue a passion for a particular subject areas.
Whatever your motivation for returning to education is, we hope you will choose to study at Maynooth.
Maynooth University is the leading institution in the country in terms of welcoming and encouraging mature applicants, and in providing a learning environment that is particularly supportive and inclusive of its mature students. Some of the University’s unique supports for mature applicants and students include:
- Unique selection process with interviews for many courses;
- Summer academic skills courses;
- Preparatory courses with guaranteed progression to degrees;
- Advice and guidance on application/selection processes, courses, finance, supports;
- Dedicated Mature Student Office staff
- MAP Academic Advisors
- Support for Academic/Personal/Financial issues
- Career planning and employment opportunities
- Work placement opportunities in many of our courses
- Budgeting and Finance Advice Service