For details regarding the fee implications and important dates of de-registration please contact the University Fees & Grants Office
Before 31st October - Undergraduate Students deferring before this date and wish to return to the same course must re-apply to the CAO to guarantee a place on their course
After 31st of October - Undergraduate Students deferring after this date and returning to the same course do no need to re-apply to the CAO, their place is held internally
Students wishing to defer the 2021/2022 Academic Year, applications will open for same on 1st July 2021.
Please note the following with regards to eligibility for re-sitting in supplemental examinations:
- In order to be eligible to re-sit Semester 1 moduels in the autumn supplementals you must remain registered up to the last day of the scheduled Semester 1 examinations.
- In order to be eligible to re-sit Semester 2 modules in the autumn supplementals you must remain registered, i.e., you cannot cancle your registration.
- The final date for de-registration is the last date of lectures in the second semester of the normal academic year.
Special note for students withdrawing from 1st Year of Study before the 31st of October.
For 1st Year Students returning to the Same Course:
Withdrawing before the 31st of October and returning to the same course the following year the student must re-apply to the CAO and put their current course as their First Preference on the CAO form to guarantee their place on the course.
STUDENTS MUST ALSO REQUEST A DEFERRAL FROM THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE, PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR PROCEDURE
For 1st Year Students returning to a Different Course:
Withdrawing at at any part of the year and returning to pursue a different course the following year the student must re-apply to the CAO. Do not put the current course in the CAO preference.
Students will only be de-registered from the date the completed form is received in the Student Records and Registration Office.
Undergraduate students must perform an exit interview with the Academic Advisory Office. You will be contacted by the Academic Advisory Office in relation to this exit interview.
R1, Postgraduate suspension / withdrawal request
Please download/print and complete the above form and return to the Student Records and Registration Office.
- Follow the instructions listed on the form.
- Suspensions must be sought prior to the commencement of the academic year.
- NB: Retrospective suspension requests will not be considered. If there has been a lapse of more than one semester in registration, students should complete a 'Research & Taught Re-Registration Request' form (Form No. R2).
- Students will only be de-registered from the date the completed form is received in the Student Records and Registration Office.
Students who have deferred or suspended their courses and are proceeding to a new year of their course upon return to the University will be able to register online.
Undergraduate Students who have deferred their course within the academic year must re-register in person in September on the days assigned for Repeating/Deferred Students
Please click here for the current Registration Schedule
Registration for a postgraduate programme of study is expected to be continuous and it is not possible to suspend your studies retrospectively. If more than one semester has elapsed since your last registration, you must formally apply to the University to re-register to your programme. Please complete and submit the form below if you wish to apply for re-registration.
R2, Re-registration request
Please note that this form is not required if you formally suspended your studies for the previous academic year.