Law Start Days are for first and second year students
from any degree/discipline interested in career in corporate law
ALG LawStart Days are designed to give you an insight into A&L Goodbody and to help you decide if a career in corporate law is right for you.
You should consider a LawStart Day as the first step of your career in corporate law.
We know that gaining work experience as a first or second year undergraduate student can sometimes be difficult.
A LawStart Day will help you gain a better understanding of our work, our practice and our culture –
insights that will help you with your application for our Summer Intern or Trainee Solicitor Programme in the future.
Not only that, you will have the opportunity to personally experience, alongside our trainee solicitors and associates, the type of work that we do and the way we do it.
LawStart Days will run: Friday, 24 May 2019 & Monday, 27 May 2019
Closing date for applications to apply are 5th April 2019
What to Expect?
- A talk from one of our trainee partners about our firm, clients and our Trainee & Intern Programmes
- Work shadowing with a current trainee solicitor
- Application and interview advice from the Trainee & Intern Programme recruitment team
- "You be the Judge" – an interactive workshop which will give you practical experience of the work we do
- An office tour
- An opportunity to network with our trainees & associates
What we’re looking for?
We are looking for students who are not just academically high achievers. It is also important to us that you are a good communicator, can work as part of a team, are motivated, have initiative and have clear expectations of your future. You should demonstrate that you have a genuine interest in and aptitude for business because while we are lawyers, we aim to be trusted business advisors to our clients and we operate at all times in that commercial world.