- Study Social Policy - this subject is only available in the Bachelor of Social Science degree. This focuses on government and institutional policies in relation to human welfare and how human societies are organised.
- If you are considering a career as a professional social worker, you will build on this degree by completing the National Qualification in Social Work. Most social workers qualify by completing a BSocSc and then a Masters in Social Work.
- Social Policy
- Critical Skills for Social Sciences
- 1 of the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics, Geography, History or Philosophy
- Continue with Social Policy and 1 of your 1st year subjects as a Double Major Bachelor of Social Science degree
- Optional 10 credit Electives in second year
Department of Sociology
Department of Social Sciences Institute (MUSSI)
|Subject||Required||Ordinary Level Grade||Higher Level Grade|
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Mature student applicants who have a disability
If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), and require examination support for the written tests, please submit supporting documentation by 15 March 2021 to the Access Office. Unfortunately we are unable to consider applications for alternative examination accommodation after this deadline.
01 February 2021
The application process depends on the type of applicant you are. Click here for all information about how to apply.
Categories of applicant:
- School-leavers (Leaving Certificate students)
- Mature students (23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University/part-time degrees the mature age is 21)
- EU/EFTA/UK students
- International students (outside the EU)
- QQI (Further Education) students
- Transferring students
- Deferring students