CAO Deferrals

  • ​If you receive a CAO offer from Maynooth University and you wish to defer taking up the place for one year, you must seek the agreement of the University.

  • Under certain circumstances prospective students of Maynooth University may apply to defer their place on one of our undergraduate degree courses for one year.

  • Students who have been offered a place through the CAO must formally request a deferral by following the procedure under 'Deferral Procedure A: Seeking a Deferral' below.

  • Please note:
    • It is not possible to defer MH801 BA Early Childhood - Teaching & Learning (Part-time) to the 2022/2023 academic year as this part-time programme is being discontinued, and will be replaced by another Early Childhood degree in 2022.
    • Within MH101 Arts - the subjects "Greek" and "Latin" will not be available in first year for the 2022/2023 academic year. All other subject choices are expected to be available as usual.

Current Maynooth University Students

  • If you are a current student wishing to defer please contact Student Records Office at 01-7083813 or