Educational Support Workers

Some students with a disability may require additional support to achieve their academic potential in university. Examples of this type of support includes note-taking in lectures for students who are unable to write or use a computer, Personal Assistants for students with a significant physical disability, and the provision of Sign Language Interpreters for students who are Deaf.  Individuals who provide this type of support are known as Educational Support Workers (ESWs).  The need for this support is identified as part of the needs assessment process.  Students must read and adhere to the guidelines that are in place for the provision of this support.