This Certificate level course is designed as a stepping stone for those who wish to return to study but have not studied in any formal way for a number of years.
Participants are given an opportunity to sample a number of academic subjects so that they can make a more informed choice when selecting subjects later.
Students who obtain final grade of 60% or above will automatically be offered a place on the Bachelor of Arts degree programme in this university.
This Foundation level course does not carry ECTS and consequently does not qualify for Recognition of Accredited Prior Learning (RAPL).
This course will give students the opportunity to:
- become familiar with the requirements of studying at third level
- introduce them to supports both formal and informal.
- develop effective techniques in study, writing, note-taking, and referencing.
- support personal development planning through a range of learning styles
- support the development of effective and confident communication skills,
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Participants need to be 21 years of age or over on 1st January of the year in which the course commences. As courses are delivered in keeping with adult education practice, participants will be expected to: be willing to engage with group activities and group learning; be willing to learn through dialogue and reflection on experience; have a level of literacy that is sufficient to complete the assessment requirements.
This course is held on campus at Maynooth University on Monday and Wednesday mornings 10.00-12.00 or Wednesday and Friday mornings 10.00-12.00. Or Wednesday Evenings 6.00-10.00.