||We are located on the Top Floor, Student Services Centre, North Campus, Maynooth University
||Monday to Friday: 9am – 1pm & 2pm – 5pm
Closed for Lunch daily from 1pm-2pm
||01 708 3554
In the event of an emergency occurring outside of office hours (before 9am or after 5pm) please contact one or more of the following:
||999 or 112
||(01) 708 3929
||999 or 112
If urgent medical assistance is required outside of office hours please contact the University Contracted Doctor, located in the Glenroyal Centre, Maynooth: 01 629 1169
|Rape Crisis Centre
||1800 778 888
||1800 80 48 48
||1800 793 793
Please confirm or cancel your scheduled appointment using the link below.
If you wish to make an appointment call 01 708 3554.
Request a call back using the link below - subject to opening hours.
If your enquiry is urgent please call: 01 708 3554
Call Back Form
Please read our
Counselling Safety Protocol
on accessing the Counselling Service
Please read our
Counselling Guidelines for Phone sessions
prior to your appointment
If you arrange a phone consultation with the Counselling Service please be aware of the following guidelines:
· Please honour the time set aside for you by making sure you are free to take the call;
· Please ensure that you can take the call in a private and confidential setting;
· Please ensure your phone is fully charged;
· If the reception is poor the call may need to end and be rescheduled for another time;
· If you arrange a time but are unable to take the call please cancel the call;
· You can reschedule another call by sending a request via the Call Back Facility;
· The Receptionist will contact you to reschedule another time/day;
· Phone consultations are generally 40 minutes in duration;
· Please note that the counsellor may need to gather some personal details at the start of the call;
· You are welcome to schedule a follow-up phone consultation with the Counsellor if desired;
· Please note the principles of Confidentiality apply to all phone consultations;
· Please read the Service Confidentiality Policy prior to engaging with the call;
· Your counsellor will explain any queries you may have in relation to confidentiality;
· All phone consultations will be conducted in confidence, in private settings and all personal information will be held securely on the Service database;
· Please ensure you have some support nearby or at hand following your call if needs be.
Face to Face, Telephone and Online appointments are available.
All sessions with the Service are by appointment. Please contact Reception for assistance.
Contact Reception on 01-708 3554
Office Hrs: 9.00am-1.00pm & 2.00-5.00pm (Mon-Fri)
Closed for lunch: 1.00-2.00 pm
If you would like to make an appointment please call us on 01-708 3554 during office hours; 09.00-13.00 and 14.00-17.00 Monday to Friday.
A phone call or a Request a Call-back will link you in with the Service straight away.
You can confirm/cancel your appointment here
While you are waiting for an appointment please feel free to ....
- Attend any of our upcoming workshops - check out our Workshop page
- Download any of our Self-Help Resources - check out our Resources page
- If you need support outside of our office hours please contact the 24hr Crisis Text Line - just text MU to 50808 for free anonymous text support with a trained volunteer.
- Togetherall: Peer Support Community
- Silvercloud - an online mental health platform available to all students
Our programs are designed to help you improve and maintain your wellbeing by addressing underlying issues that can have a negative impact on how you would like to live your life.
Consider the programs that are available and see if there is one that might help you. You can choose from the following programmes;
- Positive Body Image
- Money Worries
Click here to access Silvercloud
An online mental health and wellbeing peer support community that gives access to a safe, anonymous, and professionally moderated community where people can share experiences and support each other.
Togetherall provides preventative and early intervention mental health supports that are designed to integrate with existing mental health services, augment and/or signpost traditional services like counselling services, student services, helplines, with 24/7 access to a peer support network.
Togetherall is moderated by fully trained mental health professionals and led by an on-duty clinical team, trained to intervene, or escalate whenever necessary.