Wi-Fi networks are widely available across the campus for use by registered students, researchers and staff. The primary networks available are eduroam and MU-Guest. We recommend using eduroam as it allows all those from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions.
How to connect to the eduroam network
- Connect your device to the eduroam network quickly and easily using the folloing configuration tool: https://cat.eduroam.org/
- When prompted, enter your username and password. A Maynooth University user should enter <username>@mu.ie as their user name and then enter their Maynooth University password. Please note <username> is not your email address, just your username with the institution's realm appended.
Service Usage Information
If you have a valid University account and a suitable Wi-Fi enabled device, you will be able to access the wireless network. However, please note:
- User’s Wi-Fi devices are required to meet system security and antivirus standards.
- As a Wi-Fi user you MUST have up-to-date Anti-Virus software on your laptop.
- IT Services will do its best to resolve any Wi-Fi issues that occur but users should note that Wi-Fi services can be affected by physical masses in the environment, by interference from other devices, and by the volume of concurrent users.