|South Campus Computing Facilities
||No. of PCs
||Ground Floor Foyer
|Ground Floor Training Room A
|Ground Floor Training Room B
|Ground Floor Training Room E
|Middle Floor Training Room C
|Middle Floor Training Room D
|Middle Floor Open Plan
|Top Floor Priority Printing
|Top Floor Open Plan
|Top Floor Open Plan 2
|North Campus Computing Facilities
||Arts Computer Room
|Callan Building Computer Lab 1 (CBCL1)
When the PACRs reopen, there will be reduced availability to maintain physical distancing in line with public health advice.
Monday - Sunday
Open daily 9.00 - 22.00 (Pending building availability)
CB CL1 (Callan Building)
Monday - Friday
Closed over the Summer months
See Library Opening Hours
Computing Assistants make up the Student Support Team and work in various areas of IT Services, 'Public Access Computer Rooms' (PACRs), IT Services Reception and Service Desk. CAs have many different responsibilities, depending on the role held within IT Services. Duties may include:
- First level troubleshooting (PC / printer)
- First level troubleshooting of Windows operating systems
- First level troubleshooting (Standard applications like MS-Word, MS-Excel etc.)
- Looking after the printer consumables (paper, toner etc.)
- Observing and complying with the Health and Safety regulations
The service is arranged in different shifts over seven days, Monday to Friday.
09:00 – 13:00 – Morning shift
13:00 – 17:00 – Afternoon shift
Computer Assistant Vacancies
Please check Unijobs for any vacancies.
If staff wish to request the addition of a softwrae package in one or more PAC rooms, please log your request with Service Desk by emailing email@example.com.
Please be aware that you must review the following guidelines before raising any requests. These guidelines are designed to make the service as transparent as possible for everybody.
- The software requested must be Windows 10 compatible.
- Fine-tuning, patching and resolving of issues will be done on a continuous basis.
- Please ensure you have, at a minimum, sufficient licenses to cover all of the computers in each PACR you require. IT Services will not install software where there are fewer licenses available than there are computers in any relevant PACR.
- Your required software should preferably be compatible with our existing IT environment. If you need further information please contact the IT Services ServiceDesk on 3830.
- The hardware requirements for the software you need to have installed must run on a Core i3 with 4 GB memory
- A member of staff from your department must be available to check the usability of the requested software application on our setup before the setup will be put in place.
- If two software applications are incompatible IT Services will contact the departments to arrange a meeting of all people involved to help find a solution.
- The setup of the computers in the Public Access Computer Rooms during the Academic Year cannot be changed.
- The computers in Long Corridor and CBCL1 are available for classes and can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT Services reserves the right to decline software installation requests.