This is a programme of study that supports and develops your entrepreneurial learning and equips you with the skills and knowledge to work in the general business world or set up your own business.
- You will learn the process in which entrepreneurs generate ideas for new businesses and existing businesses shape them into opportunities supported by business models and frameworks.
- This degree enables you to develop relevant skills in creative problem solving, diagnostics, communications, and project management. This will give you functional and strategic capabilities that contribute to business success.
Why choose this degree?
- Our degree provides students with valuable insights into business and entrepreneurship through an engaged local and international faculty who have a wealth of experience from industry engagement and academia.
- The learning experience of this programme is designed to be formative, creative and dynamic, providing students with both in-class and industry engagement and learning.
- Entrepreneurship students at Maynooth are offered insights into all of the major functions of business, as well as the opportunity to undertake specialist options in the subjects that you most enjoy and that you feel support your development as an entrepreneur.
- Entrepreneurship students also have the option of taking a four year degree which includes a work placement or study year abroad *(the Universitys Placement Office will support you in the search for a placement job; however, the process is competitive). This offers our students an opportunity to gain experience in industry and/or learning within another culture.
- Our degree also offers students a fantastic opportunity to build their business network through academic engagement as well as through extra-curricular engagements in our thriving societies such as the Maynooth University Entrepreneurial Society, ENACTUS and the Business Society.
- Focus on the core processes of innovation
- Set within the context of large to small firms.
- Focus on the functions of Business and Entrepreneurship
- Optional 10 credit Elective
- Focus on strategy development and scaling of small businesses to International corporations
- Consideration of both local and international environments.
Optional work placement after second year resulting in a four year degree (placement subject to availability - the University will support you in the search for a placement job; however, the process is competitive).
|Subject||Required||Ordinary Level Grade||Higher Level Grade|
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Mature applicants are assessed separately to school-leavers. Mature applicants are 23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University. For part-time/flexible degrees the mature age is 21.
Mature applicants who have a disability
If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), and require examination support for any written tests that may be required, please submit supporting documentation by 15 March 2024 to the Access Office.
Unfortunately we are unable to consider applications for alternative examination accommodation after this deadline.
01 February 2024
Leaving Certificate Applicants
Required to present 2H5 & 4O6/H7, Irish, English & O4/H7 Mathematics. Non-beginner Mandarin Chinese, French, German, Spanish: Leaving Cert H4 recommended. Beginner Mandarin Chinese, French, German, Spanish: no previous study required. MH411 Round 1 Points 2023: 350
HEAR and DARE
DARE: The Disability Access Route to Education is a third level alternative admissions scheme for school-leavers whose disabilities have had a negative impact on their second level education.
HEAR: The Higher Education Access Route is a third level admissions scheme for school leavers from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds.
The Maynooth Education
Click here for details about optional Critical Skills courses, Electives and degree pathways.
APPLY TO THE CAO
The application process depends on the type of applicant you are. Click here for all information about how to apply.
Categories of applicant:
- School-leavers (Leaving Certificate students)
- Mature students (23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University/part-time degrees the mature age is 21)
- EU/EFTA/UK students
- International students (outside the EU)
- QQI (Further Education) students
- Transferring students
- Deferring students